Wok Review & Comparison 2019
The best Wok in Review
The best Wok
The TOP 20 Wok at a glance
- FANTASTIC FAMILY MEALS: With deep sloping sides and a 28cm diameter, the wok is incredibly versatile. It is perfect for stir frying ingredients quickly with a small amount of oil, but it can also be used for boiling, braising, searing, deep frying and steaming.
- COOKING MADE SIMPLE: Lightweight yet durable, the 3.5mm aluminium construction creates an even distribution of heat, for efficient cooking. A stylish and functional black enamel coating protects the pan's exterior, while inside our ProCook 5 Star Ultra Double Layer non-stick coating means you don't have to worry about food sticking or burning
- COMFORT & CONTROL: Comfortable stay-cool silicone handles allow you to easily manoeuvre the pan around the kitchen. You can keep an eye on whats cooking thanks to the well-fitting, heat-resistant, toughened glass lid, which also seals in heat, juices, flavours and nutrients
- VERSATILITY & CONVENIENCE: Suitable for all heat sources including gas, electric, ceramic, halogen, induction and solid fuel. Our stir fry pan is also oven safe up to 260C, so you can start cooking on the hob and move the pan straight to the oven. When you have finished cooking, you can conveniently put the pan in the dishwasher to clean ready for next time
- 10 YEAR GUARANTEE: ProCook design, manufacture and supply Innovative Products and are passionate about Quality and Service. The pan has a 10 year guarantee from ProCook
- Commercial-quality wok made of 2 mm-thick carbon steel. With an extra-long riveted handle and helper handle for easy carrying
- Premium-grade non-stick reinforced with stainless steel - so tough you can use metal utensils
- Great for high-temperature cooking. It's easy to achieve that authentic smoky stir-fry flavour
- Dishwasher safe, oven safe, and compatible with induction hobs
- Part of a range of heavy-duty carbon steel woks, all with a 10 year MasterClass guarantee
- Heavy 1.8 mm carbon steel, commercial grade 2.1 kg heavy wok
- Traditional Chinese wok pan. Do not forget to season it before use!
- Hammered in Guangzhou by Chinese professionals. The choice of many professional Chinese chefs
- Round bottom: not suitable for flat electric or flat induction stove
- Steel helper handle will not burn when you stir fry over high heat
- Easy Plus coating provides durable non-stick performance
- Thermo-Spot marking turns full red when the pan reaches the ideal temperature
- Comfortable ergonomic grip for easy handling
- Compatible on all hobs except induction
- INCLUDES - 28cm Non-Stick Wok
- SUITABILITY - All of the Blackmoor Home pans are suitable for cooking on electric hobs, gas hobs, induction hobs and hot plates.
- HYBRID STONE COATING - Allows the heat to conduct faster and retains it during the cooking process. No oils or fats are required!
- WHAT CAN I COOK? Woks tend to be used in a range of Chinese cooking techniques, including stir frying, steaming, pan frying, deep frying and many more. Typical recipes can include Beef Chow Mein, Soy and Balsamic Stir Fry and even Special Fried Rice!
- OTHER PANS AVAILABLE - Search Amazon.co.uk for more Blackmoor Home Forged Aluminium pans to bring up the full range!
- From the Salter Megastone Collection, this wok features an ultra-non stick surface for improved cooking performance.
- Measuring 53l x 29w x 7.5h cm, the wok is made from strong forged aluminium with a smart looking silver rough textured finish.
- Tougher than standard non-stick cookware, it is suitable for all hob types, can be used with metal utensils and is dishwasher safe.
- The wok features soft touch TPR Bakelite handles and comes with a glass lid with a steam vent, ideal for cooking an easy stir fry.
- With safety for your family in mind, the wok is 100% PFOA free, meaning no harmful chemicals are released during cooking.
- Forged aluminium
- Marble coated
- Induction bottom
- Bakelite handle with silicone coating
- Glass lid with steam vent
- Manufactured from 1.2mm Carbon Steel with a Non Stick Coating
- Carbon Steel is the ideal material for Woks as it can withstand very high temperatures
- Suitable for all hobs including gas, ceramic, induction, electric, solid plate and hot plate
- The natural wood handle is both attractive and practical as it stays cool
- Size: 27cm (10.5") dia x 46cm (18") with handle x 11cm (4.25") high
- Thermospot technology
- Powerglide non-stick coating
- Bakelite handle that provides a comfortable and secure grip
- Tefal offers a lifetime guarantee on non-stick coating against any blistering and peeling, and the main body and lids of the pan are covered by a 2-year guarantee
- For fantastic quality and brilliantly durable kitchenware, look no further than this Cook and Pour stir fry pan by Thomas Rosenthal.
- The stainless steel pan is made with a high-quality Teflon non-stick coating which ensures that food is freely released from the pan.
- Measuring at 28cm, the pan comes with a pour and strain tempered glass lid and is even suitable for all hob types, including induction
- This versatile and easy to use pan suits all cooks and abilities and is even suitable for use in the oven, perfect for any kitchen
- This superb pan is easy to handle, long lasting and dishwasher safe, so you can relax and enjoy hassle free cooking, every day.
- 30.5 cm wide Cast-Iron wok offers ample size for many recipe and cooking with a wok is a fast and easy way to prepare food
- Woks are used in a range of different cooking techniques including stir frying and pan frying being the most common methods
- Iron deficiency is fairly common worldwide especially among women so cooking food in a cast iron skillet can increase iron content by as much as 20%
- Use on all cooking surfaces, grills, campfires and oven safe, gas, campfire, induction stove, oven, infrared stove
- To clean your cast iron wok you just simply scrub your grill pan with a stiff brush and hot water and dry it completely; it is NOT DISHWASHER SAFE.
- Metal utensil safe
- Induction base suitable for all stovetop types
- Oven safe to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4
- Dishwasher safe
- Lifetime guarantee
- Thermo-spot: Tefal's unique patented technology lets you know when your pan is hot enough to start cooking
- Prometal Pro non-stick coating is reinforced with ultra-hard minerals making it metal utensil safe
- Riveted stainless steel handles with silicone insert guarantee a secure and comfortable grip
- Hard Enamel exterior is easy to clean and resistant
- Flared lip for easy drip-free pouring
- 28cm, Super-non-stick surface for the ultimate stir-fry
- Cook your favourite, authentic wok recipes but in a healthier way
- Built to take the heat and intensity of wok-cooking
- Forged aluminium core and stainless steel base
- Suitable for use on gas, induction, electric and ceramic hobs
- Kitchen Must-Have - 28 cm Non-Stick Wokpan to fit your everyday cooking needs and techniques - from sauté, stir fry, braise or sear, to fry or bake; All-round wok ideal for cooking lunch and dinner
- Multi-layer Non-Stick - Multiple layers of German-engineered, PFOA-free, non-stick coating provides years of effortless food release using less oil or butter
- Heavy-Gauge Aluminium - Aluminium ensures superior heat conduction and even cooking; Base stability ensures your pan will never warp, wobble or scratch over time
- Superior Performances - Durable and resilient ceramic non-stick coating; Soft-touch handle which makes it comfortable to securely grip for lifting and tossing
- Care and Use - Suitable for all hobs including induction; Oven safe up to 180°C, and dishwasher safe; Nylon or wooden utensils recommended; Limited lifetime warranty
- Manufactured from Carbon Steel with a Bamboo Handle, the traditional and best materials for authentic Woks.
- Follow simple seasoning instructions before use as this Wok is uncoated for durability.
- Ideal when cooking for 4 - 6 people especially when stir-frying and deep-frying.
- Handwash Only.
- The School of Wok Collection is an uncompromising refelction of Jeremy Pang's knowledge of the Chinese Kitchen. As he likes to say: "Learn, Laugh, Eat"
- Guarantee: lifetime
- Oven safe: Base to 260°C, Lid to 220°C / Gas Mark 7
- Hob Safe: Yes (including induction)
- Dishwasher safe: Yes
- Microwave safe: No; Freezer safe: N/A
- Suitable for all cookers including induction - Dishwasher safe - Flake and peel free
- Healthy dry frying, no need for oil or butter - 100% PFOA free
- Lifetime Guarantee including the non-stick!
- Thermospot technology that lets you know when the pan has reached the optimum temperature to start cooking
- Power resist coating that promises a durable non-stick cooking performance
- Measures 28 cm
- Induction compatible
- Dishwasher safe
- Flat bottom is easy to use on both electric and gas cookers
- Coated by an anti rust oil to protect the wok, pan must be seasoned before use
- Handle length: 195mm
Current Wok Offers
In the following Wok comparison table you can see products with current offers or savings compared to the normal price. Often it is not helpful to compare only the test winners, since these cost possibly also more and have a higher purchase price. Not with everyone the purse sits loosely.
In addition to the Wok product image, they see the most important features, ratings and price. However, the table with the current best Wok offers can often be identical with the bestseller list.
- Kitchen & Home
- Kitchen & Home
- AUTUMN DEAL - SAVE EXTRA: £5 NOW 57% OFF! 28cm / 11in wok & lid. Get an EXTRA 10% OFF when you buy ANY 3 items from this range. Search for ProCook Gourmet Pans for the rest of the range & set offers!
- Suitable for use on: Electric, gas, ceramic, glass, halogen. Not suitable for use on solid or induction cookers. Ovensafe up to 260C. Dishwasher safe. Item weight: 2080g
- Our classic, black coated Gourmet cookware is constructed from 3.5mm aluminium for even heat distribution. Includes silicone stay cool handles on all items and integral hanging loops on the saucepans, frying pans, sautepan & wok
- 5 star ProCook Ultra double layer non-stick coating to stop sticking or burning (and washing up is a doddle). Self-basting, steel rimmed, toughened glass lids to retain moisture and flavour
- ProCook design, manufacture & supply innovative products and are passionate about quality and service. This product has a 10yr Guarantee with ProCook
- Extremely heavy-duty wok made of carbon steel with an extra-long riveted handle
- It's strong enough for commercial use
- Premium-grade non-stick - so tough you can use metal utensils
- It's easy to achieve that authentic smokey stir-fry flavour
- Dishwasher safe, oven safe and compatible with induction hobs
- Kitchen & Home
- Groupe SEB UK
- Kitchen & Home
Wok New Releases
When buying products, it is not always the case that you really want them. Often Wok is also bragged about before others – after all, you have purchased the most modern and newest product!
The following list is the ideal solution for all those who want to attract attention and always have the latest and completely new Woks at a glance!
- A stainless steel wok with finished with a top of the range non-stick coating designed for stir-frying at high temperatures and with less oil that also ensures heat is distributed quickly and evenly.
- The flat base ensures the wok is well-balanced so doesn't topple over when sat on the hob. It is also suitable for cooking on all hob types including gas, electric, ceramic and induction.
- Made from 0.6mm high grade stainless steel with an encapsulated aluminium base for improved heat transfer making it ideal for high heat, high speed cooking - essential elements for stir-frying.
- The perfect tool for cooking Asian cuisine
- Wok and lid are dishwasher safe although it is advisable to remove it once the cycle is finished and dry it by hand using a clean, soft cloth. If washing by hand, do not use scouring powder, abrasives or metal scourers as they may damage the non-stick coating. Thoroughly dry with a clean cloth.
Checklist for the purchase of Wok
- Which size is the best at Wok?
- Are there any manufacturers or brands that are particularly recommended for Wok?
- What does Wok cost?
- Costs for possible care and cleaning – Do you need extras that you might want to order at the same time?
- Material: high-quality workmanship is reflected in the price, but usually lasts longer.
- Depending on the Wok material, the weight can also be affected.
There are clearly a few points to consider, especially with Wok. Be it the material or the size or the possible maintenance effort. Nevertheless, the aspects listed above should not be disregarded. Wok offers, best lists but also new publications can always be found on our website.
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.